Welcome to the documentation for the Salesforce Maps API Platform, the most technical level of documentation for Salesforce Maps’s services. What is the Salesforce Maps API Platform? Our Platform is made up of APIs (a grouping of functionalities like optimization or visualization) that are composed of endpoints which perform a single, specific task like repairing a vehicle route or geocoding an address.
These same APIs are the driving force behind Salesforce Maps. We have opened access to the API Platform so you too can create amazing applications and products using our services. Unlike our suite of Salesforce products, the API Platform is Salesforce agnostic and thus has utility in a wide variety of applications, for example:
- OEM — create or improve functionality for an existing application.
- SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION — partners or firms that are building custom applications for a customer.
- INDEPENDENT SOFTWARE VENDORS — build and sell your software.
- INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS — people or teams are building proofs of concept or testing new ideas.
The API Platform usage pattern is based on industry best practices and is the same experience to which you’ve become accustomed. As an example, consider routing optimization:
- Your code crafts a routing problem out of your data.
- Your code submits a routing problem request to the
routingendpoint of our Optimization API.
- Our systems solve the routing problem and respond (typically within seconds) with a routing solution.
- Your code parses the response and does something amazing with it!